Tea & Soda
Ghostlight Coffee serves Rishi Tea. While the list shifts seasonally, we currently offer:
STEEPED TEAS – $2.50 & $3
- Earl Grey Earl Grey is a British tea classic and the most popular tea of the Western World. This citrus-scented tea blend dates back to the 19th Century Sino-British trade of opium, tea, silk and porcelain. Our bestselling Organic Earl Grey blends bold-flavored Yunnan Dian Hong harvested from antique tea trees with natural Bergamot citrus from Southern Italy.
- Earl Grey Lavender Enchanting lavender perfectly complements the floral aromas and citrus notes of Earl Grey. Our contemporary version of this classic blend was developed in French tea salons and has pleased the palate and raised the eyebrows of more than a few Earl Grey purists. Earl Grey Lavender is handcrafted in small batches and infused with pure essential oils of real fruit and flowers.
- Jasmine Green Jasmine tea is the most popular flower-scented tea in East Asia, enjoyed throughout the day and as an uplifting after-meal tea. This tea’s deliciously sweet floral aroma is created through an artisanal tea scenting process. Jasmine blossoms, collected at their peak season, are repeatedly mixed amongst tea leaves and removed only after imparting their fragrance deeply into the tea.
- China Breakfast (Black) China Breakfast is a pure Dian Hong style black tea harvested from Yunnan’s antique tea trees. A robust and flavorful taste profile that is rich and malty with subtle notes of chocolate.
- Yerba Mate’ (Shade Grown) Yerba Maté is an indigenous herb of the Amazon and popular throughout Latin America for its robust flavor. It’s often referred to as the “tea” of Latin America. Organic Yerba Maté is one of many potential renewable rainforest products and part of a socially and environmentally conscious movement known as “market driven conservation.” Rishi’s Organic Yerba Maté is a sustainable, shade grown product that Amazon tribes rely upon as an alternative source of income to destructive logging. Yerba Maté contains caffeine and delivers uplifting energy.
- Masala Chai (Spiced Blend, served as tea or latte) A robust and full-flavored black tea blended with our traditional Indian Masala spices with full notes of cardamom, ginger, and clove that are zesty and stimulating.
- Peach Blossom (White) White tea infused with juicy peach, tangerine and aromatic blossoms. Hand blended with the natural essence of succulent peaches and tangerines. Well balanced with accents of fresh citrus and white tea.
CAFFEINE FREE HERBAL BLENDS / ROOIBOS BLENDS – $2 / $2.5
- Cinnamon Plum This herbal blend is rich with currants, succulent hibiscus, hints of plum and accented with notes of cinnamon and naturally sweet licorice root. Warm and soothing, Organic Cinnamon Plum is deliciously fruity and full-bodied with a deep red infusion. Perfect served hot, iced or brewed as mulled tea.
- Mystic Mint This caffeine-free blend of soothing peppermint and aromatic green cardamom has a naturally sweet finish and smooth body. Our blend is intensely aromatic with a full-bodied and strong mint infusion.
- Turmeric Ginger Spicy ginger and smooth lemongrass add the perfect citrus note to the invigorating might of organic golden turmeric root, for a decidedly different and enjoyable tea-drinking experience. Sweet licorice root and zesty orange peel lend depth and structure to this remarkably intriguing, yet balanced herbal tea. This herbal tea has a bright vivid yellow infusion with a spicy, sweet and citrus flavor.
- Tangerine Ginger One of the original Rishi blends and top sellers, Tangerine Ginger has a complex array of sweet, spicy, tart and fruity flavors. Stimulating ginger root and adaptogenic, wild-harvested Schizandra berries are expertly balanced with the natural essential oils of citrus fruits, succulent tangerines and rare herbs. Tangerine Ginger is a full-bodied and invigorating blend with a wonderful gourmet flavor and aroma.
- Ginger Lime Rooibos The dry and pleasantly flavored West Indian Lime variety gives our Organic Ginger Lime Rooibos a unique and zesty citrus flavor with notes of ginger and rare spices. The brilliant turmeric yellow and orange infusion glows in the cup and has wonderfully refreshing notes of tropical fruits and spices.
- Blueberry Rooibos Blueberry Rooibos is artfully hand blended in small batches using only 100% naturally caffeine-free botanicals and artisan herbal tea-blending techniques. A perfect balance of tart, juicy and naturally sweet flavors.
Any of our teas can be served iced, with approx. 5-7 minute prep & steep time.
SWEET MATCHA – (Green, served as tea or latte) Sweet Matcha is pure Japanese green tea harvested from shade-grown bushes, traditionally stone-ground into a fine powder, and combined with milled cane sugar.
- Latte (prepared with choice of milk) $3.75 /$4.25
- Tea (prepared with hot water) $2.75 / $3.25
- ICED Matcha Tea $3.25 / Matcha Latte $4.25
MASALA CHAI – (Spiced Blend, served as tea or latte) A robust and full-flavored black tea blended with our traditional Indian Masala spices with full notes of cardamom, ginger, and clove that are zesty and stimulating.
- Latte (prepared with choice of milk) $3 /$3.5
- Tea (prepared with hot water) $2 / $2.5
- ICED Chai Tea $2.5 / Chai Latte $3.5
ARTISAN SODAS – $2.75 We offer an exciting line of artisan sodas made in-house using a line of syrups handcrafted by Jo Snow Syrups, Chicago, IL. By handcrafted, we mean Melissa goes to the farmer’s market, buys the fruits and spices and makes the syrups from scratch. She uses all natural ingredients, including dehydrated cane juice, instead of processed sugars. AND, she has fun with flavors!
Check out these flavors! (Many of the syrups are only available seasonally, so ask a barista what we currently offer!)
- Fig Vanilla Black Pepper
- Cardamom Rosewater
- Tangerine Lavender Honey
- Grapefruit Rosemary
- Strawberry Mint Balsamic
- Ginger Ginger!
- Cola #6
- Sass Root Beer
We also use Jo Snow Syrups in lattes and other beverages. Check out what we have on the Latte menu for a delicious treat!